|About the Course
||The 200 Hours Advanced Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Certificate Course (Intermediate to Advanced) is designed to develop a knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of Intermediate and Advanced Hatha Yoga practices and philosophy. Students will learn how to practice and teach advanced postures and its different modifications according to an individual’s body, including warm-up sequences, steps, energy movements, and relaxation techniques.
Students will also be able to improve their knowledge of the origin, history, and philosophy of Hatha Yoga with comparative studies to Hindu practices.
Immerse yourself in the most authentic Hatha Yoga experience with India’s renowned yoga guru, Dr. Asana Andiappan, and his senior yoga masters. Explore the limitless possibilities of the unity of your body, mind, and spirit.
||The course runs for 18 days from Mondays to Saturdays.
|Course Star Date
||Please click here to see the course schedule for the year 2012 and 2013
||A minimum of six months regular Hatha Yoga practice is required of each student who wishes to enroll in the course. However, because the course is also physically and emotionally demanding, it is not recommended to students who are unable to fully commit to the program (100% attendance is required) or who are unwilling to explore the deeper dimensions of advanced Hatha Yoga practice.
In this Hatha Yoga Teacher Training program, students explore Hatha Yoga’s history and philosophy, as well as proper alignment, modification, and injury prevention techniques for advanced Hatha Yoga postures.
- The History and Philosophy of the Hatha Yoga System
- Introduction to Hatha Yoga Pradipika and Thirumoolar’s Thirumandiram
- Advanced Hatha Yoga Class theming and Sequencing
- The Proper Yogic Diet for Advanced Hatha Yoga Practice
- Safe & Effective Advanced Hatha Yoga Postures
- Step-by-Step Approaches to the Advanced Hatha Yoga Postures
- How to Teach & Modify an Advanced Hatha Yoga Posture According to Varying Levels of Flexibility
- Proper & Effective Warm-Up Techniques for Every Advanced Hatha Yoga Series (Warm-up, back- and forward-bending, etc.)
- Common Injuries To Avoid in Advanced Hatha Yoga Practice & Their Rehabilitation Techniques
- Posture Alignment, Breathing Methods, Use of Props, Wall, and Partner Support in Advanced Hatha Yoga Practice
- Yogic Mantras and Relaxation Techniques
||The following members of the faculty are scheduled to teach according to their availability.
Guruji Dr. Asana Andiappan
Founder and Chairman of Asana Andiappan Yoga and Natural Living Development Trust.
Dr. Kumari Lakshmi
Guruji’s Daughter – Who has over 15 years’ experience in Yoga Therapy for treating various ailments through yoga.
Founder and Director, Anahata Yoga, Hong Kong. Guruji’s Son
Guruji’s Senior Assisting Master
Dr. Vishnu Kumar
Chief Yoga Therapist
Dr. V. Krishnamurthy
Guruji’s Son in Law
Yogi Anna Durai
Senior Yoga Master
Yogi T.A. Krishnan
Senior Yoga Master
Chief Yoga Instructor
Master Yogesh Varun
Visiting Yoga master
||Students follow a special vegetarian diet based on a menu developed specifically for the program, for INR500 a day. For a look at the menu, please click here.
and Accommodation Venue
|The programme will take place at the Yoga Shala in the prestigious Asana Andiappan College of Yoga and Research Centre, Chennai, India. Students who have enrolled in the course can stay at the fully-furnished guest house adjacent to the college. Click here to know more.
Inclusive of tuition, course materials, accommodation, certification, and airport pickup and drop-off:
USD 2,100 (Shared Accommodation)
USD 2,450 (Single Accommodation)
|How to apply
||Due to the duration and detailed study of the program and in order to maintain a high and effective quality of teaching and learning within the studio, the 200 Hours Advanced Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Certificate Course is limited to only 15 students at a time. Applicants are advised to confirm their enrollment at least two months in advance by paying a 30%, non-refundable deposit.
|What to bring
||Aside from an open, willing-to-learn mindset, students may also bring with them loose and comfortable yoga outfits for the duration of the program. All course materials will be provided.
The following materials are available at our Online Yoga Store:
- Thirumoolar’s Ashtanga Yoga by Dr. Asana Andiappan
- Asana, Pranamaya, Mudra, Bandha by Bihar School of Yoga
- Light on Yoga by BKS Iyengar
- The 200-Hours Teacher Training Certificate Course Manual (To be provided)
- Other course notes to be provided
||Students will be required to undergo a simple theoretical and practical examination upon completion of the course. Successful candidates will receive a Course Certificate accredited by Asana Andiappan College of Yoga and Research Centre in Chennai, India; International Yoga Academy (RYS 200 & 500, and ERYT 500) in Hong Kong; and Yoga Alliance USA.
We also provide information and assistance to students interested in a Yoga Alliance Registration application.
- Students interested in enrolling in 200hrs Advanced Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Certificate Course (Intermediate to Advanced Level) may do so by filling the Online Application Form.
- Applications will then be assessed by our Program Directors. Successful applicants will be informed of their admission within three working days of their application.
- The applicant must then confirm their enrollment by paying a 30% non-refundable deposit through bank transfer or online payment.
- The remaining 70% of the course fee may be paid upon arrival at the training venue.
|Students may cancel their enrolment 30 days prior to the course’s commencement and get a 70% refund via bank transfer or PayPal if they have already paid the course fee in full. All bank charges incurred in the process shall be shouldered by the student.
However, the 30% deposit made in confirmation of the student’s enrolment is strictly non-refundable.
Cancellation within 30 days of the course’s start date will incur a cancellation fee equivalent to 50% of the total course fee. No refund will be made once the course has begun.
||Your most frequent enquiries and concerns about yoga and the program addressed by our instructors here.
||It is an honor for us to train potential leaders in yoga and a great source of pride to watch them grow. Hear what our past and present students have to say about the program.